By Annie Trimber @annietrimber
Crispy rice treats are a dessert that takes me straight back to my childhood. It was like the limit did not exist for how many of these gooey, delicious desserts I could eat in a day! These treats are sweet, gooey, and crunchy – a flavor and texture trifecta that can’t be beat! In honor of my childhood self, I made these Chocolate Strawberry Cereal Bars and elevated them with freeze dried strawberries and Satori Fast-Acting Strawberries in Milk Chocolate.
These Chocolate Strawberry Cereal Bars make 9 or 12 bars, perfect for those who like a substantial dessert, or someone just looking for a little taste of sweetness. If cutting your krispie treats into 9 bars, use 25 pieces of Satori Fast-Acting Strawberries in Milk Chocolate, and if cutting into 12 bars, use the whole tin to achieve about 8mg THC per serving. The beauty of this dessert, though, is that you can easily adjust the number of chocolate covered strawberries to fit with your tolerance level.
Both delicious and easy-to-make, these Chocolate Strawberry Cereal Bar treats are extremely versatile and friendly for several diet types. Naturally gluten-free, this dessert can also be made mostly dairy-free and vegan by using vegan butter and marshmallows. Please note, there is some dairy in the Strawberries in Milk Chocolate, but it shakes out to be a small amount per serving.
Hope you enjoy this delicious, chocolate covered treat! My favorite part is the fruity, tart flavor from the strawberries – it cuts some of the sweetness in a dessert that is usually on the sweeter side. Plus, you can never go wrong by adding extra chocolate.
Satori Chocolate Strawberry Cereal Bars
Makes 9 or 12 cereal bars, Approx. 8mg THC per bar
1. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Place freeze dried strawberries in a blender or food processor and grind until a fine powder.
2. In a large pan over medium low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and coat in butter. Stir frequently so marshmallows don’t burn. Let cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Turn heat to low. Add strawberry powder and mix to combine until marshmallows are fully melted and coated in strawberry.
4. Remove pan from heat. Add in crispy rice cereal 1 cup at a time until fully incorporated into marshmallow mixture. Use your hands if you need to so everything mixes together.
5. Transfer mixture to your 8x8 pan. Using a piece of parchment paper and your hands or the bottom of a cup, press crispy rice mixture down firmly and evenly.
6. Melt chocolate. Drizzle onto cereal bars. Top with Satori Fast-Acting Strawberries in Milk Chocolate (some chopped, some left whole). Use 25 pieces if you will be cutting into 9 bars, and the full tin if cutting into 12 bars (about 2.5 pieces per bar). Let chill in the fridge for 7-10 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
7. Cut chilled cereal bars into 9 or 12 slices and enjoy! Optional: top with more freeze dried strawberry powder.